Nonprofits - How It Works
Consider us your volunteer headhunter
- Check out sample projects
- First, identify the problems or needs for your nonprofit that require volunteers with specific skills.
- Contact us by phone or email to inform us of your needs and arrange for a meeting with us.
- We connect you with potential volunteers and arrange an introductory meeting for all parties.
- Prior to the project getting underway, a project scope of work document is developed that defines the goals, process and outcomes as well as the roles and responsibilities. This may be developed by the nonprofit, or by us, in collaboration with the volunteer.
- We provide mentoring, coaching, and project support for both you and the volunteer.
- Upon project completion, exit interviews will be conducted with the volunteer and the agency.
Tips: Successful projects have these ingredients
- Written understanding of the goals and deliverables
- Availability and time commitment by both parties
- Coaching and support
The Know How Network provides free services
- Education and training about boomer expectations, needs and desire for social purpose.
- Recruitment and screening of experienced professionals
- Identification of short term projects
- Document the project scope of work
- Mentoring and coaching
- Project management guidance
- Impact assessment